Brain, Spinal & Neurological Injuries
Some of the worst malpractice injuries are those to the head, brain, spine and nervous system. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a heartbreaking affliction with an array of devastating deficits:
- Loss of memory
- Loss of consciousness
- Confusion and disorientation
- Loss of balance
- Inability to speak
- Loss of hearing, vision, sense of smell or taste.
Brain injuries can be financially devastating. They occur most tragically in young people, wounding the entire family psychologically and requiring a lifetime of care and expense.
TBIs are usually caused by a blow to the head, or by a violent action like shaking a child. It can also be the result of medical error, such as a misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose an injury, the deleterious use of anesthesia or trauma experienced during surgery.Drop Foot and Other Neurological Injuries
Malpractice is the cause of an entire class of brain, spine and neurological injuries. In our practice at Watts Law Firm we have represented clients with drop foot, or foot drop, a neurological condition that causes those afflicted to drag one or both feet. Malpractice enters in when a doctor fails to diagnose the ailment in time to correct it. The condition then becomes permanent.Neck and Spinal Cord Injuries Attorney for Woodstock and Woodstock, VT
It sometimes happens that medical providers misdiagnose a serious spinal cord injury. Injuries may occur at the hands of physicians, surgeons, nursing staff or hospital management. These are some of the situations we have seen at Watts Law Firm, P.C.:
- The spinal cord is damaged during surgery, resulting in paralysis.
- Infections and epidural abscesses in the spinal cord go unnoticed, resulting in great pain and paralysis.
- Serious nerve damage and permanent paralysis result from badly administrated anesthetics.
- A malignancy in the spine is misdiagnosed, resulting in severe damage to spinal tissue.
- Patients fall out of bed and suffer spinal or brain injuries.
When we take your case we become your partner, not just ensuring quality legal representation, but advocating for you with doctors and insurance companies. Put our experience and our successful track record as lawyers obtaining maximum compensation for your injuries and losses.
Did your loved one suffer a catastrophic brain injury while under a doctor's care? Hold the negligent party to account. Call Vermont traumatic brain injury attorney Norman Watts at (802) 457-1020.