For the most part, surgeons and surgical facilities perform admirably, saving lives and solving serious medical problems. Physicians, nurses and support staff are dedicated, hardworking, intelligent professionals who do not set out to harm people through negligence.Hartford Surgeon Mistake Attorney
Still, mistakes happen. At Watts Law Firm, P.C., in Woodstock, VT, our concern is for injuries caused when providers practice at a substandard level of care. Some of the most common forms of surgical malpractice include:
- A mistake by the surgeon, cutting into or severing a nerve, artery or organ
- Performing the wrong procedure
- Performing an unnecessary procedure
- Performing a procedure on the wrong body part
- Leaving instruments or sponges in the patient's body, causing obstruction or infection
- Emergency room errors
- Failure to monitor the patient properly during the surgery
- Anesthesia errors
- Postoperative infection
- Machine malfunction
- Transfusion injuries
The consequences for patients victimized by these errors are grave, and include permanent disability, coma and death. Catastrophic brain, spinal and neurological injuries are all too common. Second surgeries are often called for, to undo the damage caused by the first.Surgical Malpractice Help Available Across VT
To learn more about your rights and options, contact the Watts Law Firm lawyers at your earliest convenience. Our goal is to obtain maximum compensation for your injuries, or for the injuries or wrongful death of a loved one.
Have you lost a loved one on the operating table? Call the Vermont surgical negligence attorney Norman Watts at (802) 457-1020.